2-in-1 stove. Both an open fire and enclosed fire.
The glass door slides upwards and is hidden behind the brickwork. The stove is then like an open fire or a hearth which enables you to grill food !
With the glass door lowered, it produces excellent efficiency and ensures complete safety. Its exceptionally large glass door provides a perfect view of the fire.
Opening the door for cleaning
The door tips forward for easy cleaning.
Complete sealing of the glass enables meticulous adjustment of the fire thanks to a damper which simultaneously manages primary and secondary air.
1. Combustion air. Illustration with direct air intake under the stove. The outside air intake can also be located at the rear of the stove.
2. Combustion. The air intake, the combustion chamber and smoke exhaust form an airtight system.
3. The air is taken into the room then heated by the stove.
4. The hot air is exchanged with the convection air which flows along the combustion chamber.
5. Heated air is spread throughout the room thanks to natural convection.
6. Burnt gases are released via the flue. Illustration with vertical discharge.
7. The window cleaning system involves an air supply that takes flue gasses away from the glass. This means that you can have flickering flames at all times.
The facades have a decorative function – they give the stove width, and accentuate its horizontality and verticality.
They also have a technical function as they facilitate the fitting of the stove. Most of the models completely conceal the fitting recess, enabling easy access to the stove and its connection, if necessary. The corners of the recess can also be finished quickly as they will no longer be visible.
When properties are already occupied, major work is not always possible.
Ready-to-fit fireplaces designed by Stûv provide a simple solution for people who do not just want a wood-burner, but are looking to visually integrate the stove into their interior, putting the emphasis on the fire and the atmosphere it creates, rather than the object itself.
They can be installed in just a few hours without major work and integrate attractive features, such as wood storage and convection air inlets and outlets (avoiding unattractive grids).
Front panel colours
Stûv front panels are available in 19 shades of temperature-resistant powdered paints, as well as in a rust colour (steel that has been oxidised then stabilised). Each item produced is unique. (As a result, there may be slight differences in shade and texture compared to the product you have seen on display with your resellers).